- Former special ops pilot Maya, home from the war, sees an unthinkable image captured by her nanny cam while she is at work: her two-year-old daughter playing with Maya's husband, Joe, To find the answer, Maya must finally come to terms with deep secrets and deceit in her own past before she can face the unbelievable truth about her husband, and herself.
- the fate of the shared inheritance that has shaped their choices and their lives.
- A young woman discovers a cache of heirlooms in an abandoned safe deposit box: bundles of handwritten letters, photographs, expired passports, both American and Italian, and twenty-two leather boxes, each holding a priceless piece of jewelry. Drawn to the mysterious woman in the photographs, Jane digs deeper into the woman's luxurious, golden life and the older, dashing man who occupies her pictures and letters. The details are both glamorous and tragic, with a transcendent romance at the heart of it all that forever changes Jane and those around her.
- East Sussex, 1914. It is the end of Englands brief Edwardian summer, and everyone agrees that the weather has never been so beautiful. Hugh Grange, down from his medical studies, is visiting his Aunt Agatha, who lives with her husband in the small, idyllic coastal town of Rye. Agatha's husband works in the Foreign Office, and she is certain he will ensure that the recent saber rattling over the Balkans won't come to anything. And Agatha has more immediate concerns; she has just risked her carefully built reputation by pushing for the appointment of a woman to replace the Latin master.
- An ex- daughter-in-law and mother-in-law become unlikely best friends and embark on newly single lives together. Nichole, a woman in her early thirties, is recovering from a broken heart after learning her husband was having an affair and separating from him. The twist is that her mother-in-law, Leanne, is the one who told her that her son was cheating. Leanne has looked the other way for decades as her own husband cheated, and can't bear to see her son repeating the same pattern. In telling Nichole, she also gathers the courage to leave her husband, and the two women - ex- mother-in-law and daughter-in-law - rent apartments across the hall from each other and support one another in rebuilding their lives and embracing surprising new romantic endeavours.