Reader’s Advisory Department
Whether you’re looking for more books by a favorite author, wondering what to read next, or simply wanting a good movie, the Readers Advisory Department can help.
The department has a collection of fiction books of all genres including large print and audiobooks, as well as new and classic movies, many popular TV series and music on CD. The Reader’s Advisory staff is happy to provide the resources to help you find your next book, DVD, or CD for your personal enrichment and pleasure. Find us on the first floor or call us at (205) 345-5820 (ext 1121).
Bestsellers – Adults’s
- Being a cop runs in Billy Harney's family. The son of Chicago's Chief of Detectives whose twin sister, Patty, also followed in their father's footsteps, there's nothing Billy won't give up for the job, including his life.
- Neil Gaiman has long been inspired by ancient mythology in creating the fantastical realms of his fiction. Now he presents his fashioning of the primeval Norse myths into a novel, which begins with the genesis of the legendary nine worlds, delves into the exploits of the deities, dwarves, and giants, and culminates in Ragnarok, the twilight of the gods and the rebirth of a new time and people.
- "The past comes back to haunt game warden Joe Pickett and his family with devastating effect in the thrilling new novel from the #1 New York Times-bestselling author. The plane circled in the dark. Joe Pickett could just make out down below a figure in the snow and timber, and then three other figures closing in.
- The year is 1911. Chief Investigator Isaac Bell of the Van Dorn Detective Agency has had many extraordinary cases before. But none quite like this. Hired to find a young woman named Anna Pape who ran away from home to become an actress, Bell gets a shock when her murdered body turns up instead.
- The story of a Chinese mother and her daughter, who has been adopted by an American couple, tracing the very different cultural factors that compel them to consume a rare native tea that has shaped their family's destiny for generations.
- A Gentleman in Moscow immerses us in another elegantly drawn era with the story of Count Alexander Rostov. When, in 1922, he is deemed an unrepentant aristocrat by a Bolshevik tribunal, the count is sentenced to house arrest in the Metropol, a grand hotel across the street from the Kremlin.