There are many programs and services just for children. Weekly programs include story times for 0- 5 years of age, creative writing for teens and tween, Legoland, and Gaming for All. The first Saturday of each month join us for Kiddie Crafts in the Story Castle.
There are electronic resources (Tumble Books, Homework Help, Freegal, Overdrive, Rocket Languages, and more! ) as well as an extensive collection of bibliographies both on the TPL website and at the children’s reference desk to help you find your favorite book or something new to read. The department also offers gaming computers to provide children the opportunity to play and learn.
Bestsellers – Children’s
- The Heffley family road trip starts off full of promise, then quickly takes several wrong turns--with everything from afender bender to crazed seagulls--but even the worst road trip can turn into an adventure, and this is one theHeffleys will not soon forget.
- A bump on the head suffered during gym class causes middle school drama queen Nikki Maxwell to have a crazy dream where all of her acquaintances assume the roles of familiar fairy tale characters.
- Dr. Seuss's celebration of the alphabet presented in this colorful book, published in a format especially suited for babies and toddlers.
- green eggs and ham. The well-known, cleverly illustrated creatures and the silly rhyming text are perpetual favorites of young children.
- Funniest Kid Comic finals near, Jamie faces a whirlwind of attention at school and in the media and the fame starts to go to his head, but in Hollywood with Uncle Frankie, some of his fellow comedians quickly show him what competition and pressure are all about.
A story-poem about the activities of such unusual animals as the Nook, Wump, Yink, Yop, Gack, and the Zeds
- Ivan, a gorilla who has lived for years in a down-and-out circus-themed mall, meets Ruby, a baby elephant that has been added to the mall, he decides that he must find her a better life.
- mother is out searching for food, he leaves the nest for a series of adventures to try to determine his mother's identity.
- the local mystery prankster in an epic battle of tricks, but soon the two join forces to pull off the biggest prank ever seen.
3rd Grade4th Grade
ABC & 123
Award Winners for Children
Babies and Toddlers
Bilingual Easy Books: Spanish & English
Easy Readers and Phonics Books
Fantasy J-F (3rd-8th Grade)
Folk and Fairy Tale
Middle School: 6-8th Grade
Mystery (3rd- 7th Grade)
Picture Books – Read Aloud
Seriously Good Series
Shapes and Colors