There are many programs and services just for children. Weekly programs include story times for 0- 5 years of age, creative writing for teens and tween, Legoland, and Gaming for All. The first Saturday of each month join us for Kiddie Crafts in the Story Castle.
There are electronic resources (Tumble Books, Homework Help, Freegal, Overdrive, Rocket Languages, and more! ) as well as an extensive collection of bibliographies both on the TPL website and at the children’s reference desk to help you find your favorite book or something new to read. The department also offers gaming computers to provide children the opportunity to play and learn.
Book Review – Children’s
- The Heffley family road trip starts off full of promise, then quickly takes several wrong turns--with everything from afender bender to crazed seagulls--but even the worst road trip can turn into an adventure, and this is one theHeffleys will not soon forget.
A story-poem about the activities of such unusual animals as the Nook, Wump, Yink, Yop, Gack, and the Zeds
- Funniest Kid Comic finals near, Jamie faces a whirlwind of attention at school and in the media and the fame starts to go to his head, but in Hollywood with Uncle Frankie, some of his fellow comedians quickly show him what competition and pressure are all about.
- Ivan, a gorilla who has lived for years in a down-and-out circus-themed mall, meets Ruby, a baby elephant that has been added to the mall, he decides that he must find her a better life.
- A bump on the head suffered during gym class causes middle school drama queen Nikki Maxwell to have a crazy dream where all of her acquaintances assume the roles of familiar fairy tale characters.
- Dr. Seuss's celebration of the alphabet presented in this colorful book, published in a format especially suited for babies and toddlers.
- The Greek and Roman demigods must simultaneously prevent the earth mother, Gaea, from waking and stop war from breaking out at Camp Half-Blood"-- Provided by publisher.
Recommended Reading (alphabetical list )
Bilingual Easy Books: Spanish & English
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Fantasy J-F (3rd-8th Grade)
Female Leads- About a Girl
Fitness, Sports and Exercise
Fairy Tales and Folklore Countries
Magic School Bus
Magic Tree House
Mystery (3rd- 7th Grade)
Picture Books – Read Aloud
Seriously Good Series
Shapes, Colors. ABC, & 123