TPL Mobile Hotspot Guidelines and Procedures
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use Outside of the Library
- Patrons must be 21 years of age or older to checkout a Mobile Hotspot.
- A valid Tuscaloosa Public Library account AND a current driver’s license, passport or military photo ID must be presented at the time of checkout.
- Patrons must be in good standing with the library, with a current address on file and no fines above $6.
- Mobile Hotspots may only be checked out from and returned to the designated location at each branch library.
- Mobile Hotspots may be checked out for one week with no renewals.
- Overdue Mobile Hotspots will be deactivated within 24 hours of due date.
- The Mobile Hotspot can provide Wi‐Fi Internet access for up to 10 devices.
- NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Internet content filtering is NOT provided through the TPL Wireless Hotspot. Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the TPL Wireless Hotspot.
Fines and Liability
- The overdue fine for the Hotspot and components is $2.00 per day until returned.
- Patrons will be charged $25 for Mobile Hotspots returned to a book drop (indoor or outdoor) or to another library.
- The Mobile Hotspot should be kept in a temperature controlled environment; DO NOT leave it in your car.
- The patron is responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of the Mobile Hotspot and/or peripherals.